I'm have a real bad problem with my back it

Patient : I'm have a real bad problem with my back it keeps me up all night it constantly feels like there Is a hard pressure and when I go to move I tend to loose my breath. What do I do?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. You may be suffering from an intervertebral disc prolapse or a disc bulge. It may also be due to a spinal cord trauma or excessive exertion. You will have to consult an orthopedic for an examination. An MRI may be needed for a specific diagnosis in case of disc prolapse. Meanwhile, avoid any exertion and confine yourself to bed until you see a doctor. You may try hot fomentation and application of analgesic ointments for pain relief. Deep breathing exercises may help you. Hope this helped. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: My husband has a severe case of alcoholic hepatitis. He was in the hospital for three weeks and one week ago he was d...

Q: My mother is 58 years old and she is suffering a lot of pain in her back and legs with numbness, especially the left ...

Q: I am the mother of a 55 year old male. He has developed an extreme case of fluid retention. bloated stomach, cellulit...

Q: Hello, I'm a 63 year old Caucasian female and had an ultrasound due to pains on my upper right quadrant which turned ...

Q: Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here... My question has to do with impotence , ba...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon