Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im havig chest pains in my upper left chest

Im havig chest pains in my upper left chest

Patient: Im havig chest pains in my upper left chest i dont know what to do

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Any chest pain of any nature needs immediate attention. The causes could be acute gastr itis, asthma, cardiac causes like angina, lack of blood supply to the blood vessels, anxiety, panic attacks, muscle pull, costochondritis, thyroid dysfunction, fever, anemia, congestive heart failure, excessive smoking , stress, high blood pressure, etc.It is ideal to see a physician and get an examination done. An ECG may be needed as well. Based on the cause, the Doctor would treat you immediately.Meanwhile, avoid stress and smoking as well as alcohol.Hope this helped.Regards