I'm having a really hard time breathing my chest feels

Patient

Q: I'm having a really hard time breathing my chest feels extremely constricted and with each breath i take I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen. This has been going on for like a week but yesterday and today is the worst it's ever been and I'm starting to get really concerned. Is there anyway I can help myself breathe normally again?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering Bronchitis or Bronchial Asthma.
I would advise in such scenario:
1. Hemogram with ESR
2. ECG
3. Chest X-ray
If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchial Asthma / Bronchitis.
In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol.
You might also require short dose of a Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.