I'm having a shooting pain up the back of my

Patient : I'm having a shooting pain up the back of my head that comes and goes i have been dealing with it for months. It feels like a lighting strike that goes up the back of my head...i need relief.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for your history. It says that you have pain up the back of the head that goes up the head. It comes and goes, there is a lighting strike. The history is classical of a nerve entrapment syndrome, wherein the spasm of the neck muscles get the nerve to get excited and cause the classical neuralgia. There are following ways to get a relief: 1. Medical management by muscle relaxants, strong anti-inflammatory and local rubrafacient liniment. 2. Medicines for neuralgia like gabapentin and so on 3. Surgical release of the nerves You may please consult a Neurosurgeon or so and get a clinical evaluation and treatment. I hope this answer helps you.