I'm having a strong pain in my upper abdomen and

Q: I'm having a strong pain in my upper abdomen and it feels as if someone is constantly pushing on it. I think it is acid reflux but I'm not sure at all.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you our best on this medical platform.
I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.
It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease/ Acid Reflux Disease.
This usually presents with pain in upper part of abdomen. But since your pain is mainly on the right side of abdomen, I would like to rule out any evidence of Gall Bladder stones that can cause the pain.
If you have any hunger pains, any fullness of stomach or gaseous distension of abdomen after taking meals, you should go for:
1. Upper GI Endoscopy- To rule out Peptic ulcers.
2. Ultrasound Abdomen- To rule out Gall Bladder stones.
Infact, the pain due to acid reflux aggravates on taking pain killers and this is the reason, you are not getting any relief from pain killers.
I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone and to take anti flatulent and anti-acidity syrup like Digene/Gelusil for symptomatic relief. Don't consume any alcohol, or smoking in case you do.
There is an infection called as h.pylori infection which causes recurrent gastric and duodenal ulcers and such episodes of acidity. I would advise in such scenario to get tested for h.pylori infection and to get it treated.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy