Im having bad body pains and ive been throwing up

Patient

Q: Im having bad body pains and ive been throwing up.. what could be wrong with me?

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

Such recurrent vomitings can be due to acid reflux and but we should always evaluate other common causes like Gall bladder issues, Pancreatitis. We usually perform Ultrasound Abdomen and Serum Amylase and Lipase to diagnose pancreatitis. Ultrasound will also rule out any evidence of Gall bladder stones. If they are normal, the Pancreatitis is virtually ruled out. In that case, we treat our patients for Acid reflux and most of them respond to treatment. For acid reflux, i advise my patients to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.You should also take soft, bland diet. In case you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss then you would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease. Upper GI endoscopy would be required if your symptoms don't respond to this treatment. I would also advise in such scenario to get tested for h.pylori infection and to get it treated.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy