Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having bad pain in my throat, I know I’m

I’m having bad pain in my throat, I know I’m

Patient: I’m having bad pain in my throat, I know I’m coming down with a cold as I have symptoms but I just look at my throat at the roof of my mouth is a yellowey colour and my Tonsils are inflamed with light dots on them?

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD.Thank you for the query.Your symptoms are suggestive of acute bacterial tonsillitis.Here are the things you can do to feel better. They include:Get enough restDrink warm fluids to ease throat painUse a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier in your roomGargle with warm salt waterSuck on lozenges containing benzocaine or other anestheticsTake over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofenConsult a doctor for antibiotic prescription [azithromycin 500mg daily for 5 days].Hope this helps. Take care.