I'm having cramping in my lower abdomin and lower back

Patient : I'm having cramping in my lower abdomin and lower back. I also just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? If not should I go to the er?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Mild abdominal cramps during early pregnancy are normal, but if it is severe, it may in dicate a threatened abortion. If you notice any bleeding, it is a sign of miscarriage. It would be better to see a Gynecologist at the earliest for an examination. Meanwhile avoid physical exertion and take enough rest. Hope this helped. Regards