Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having frequent pvcs and I just left the emergency

I’m having frequent pvcs and I just left the emergency

Patient: I’m having frequent pvcs and I just left the emergency room had a normal ekg and normal blood work what should I do ?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.These symptoms of heart fluttering or PVC’s are known as “Palpita tions”. There are a lot many causes of palpitations and most common being Cardiac issues, anxiety, thyroid issues, drugs.You should check if you are taking any drugs like Salbutamol for Asthma, or any other drug that can cause palpitations.In case you consume alcohol and smoking then that can also be the cause behind the palpitations you are feeling. I would advise you to get a thyroid Profile, ECG and Echo If they are normal, you should start practicing yoga and meditation as your palpitations are most likely to be due to anxiety. Avoid excess of caffeine.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy