Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having gas abdominal pain *not pregnant* well test negat

I’m having gas abdominal pain *not pregnant* well test negat

Patient: I’m having gas abdominal pain. *not pregnant* well test negative. No fever. No jonduice no yellow skin.I’ve had gallstones before and had my gallbladder removed in June of 2013. … feel constipated.. bloated and I hurt. What is my next move?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, excessive gas can lead to stom ach pain in absence of any gall stones or jaundice. The commonest cause of of excessive gas bacterial overgrowth which can be treated by taking a course of Rifaximin twice daily for 2 weeks along with simethicone tablets twice daily. This will help in reducing bloating.Hope this was helpful,Regards