I'm having headaches every day

Patient

Q: I been having headaches for 3 weeks straight I have been to the er twice the 1st time she said it was a sinus infection, the 2nd time they did a ct scan and gave me Tylenol 3 and said keep taking the antibiotics for the sinus infection but it's going on the 4th week and the headaches are still here every day

Symptoms:  Pain on the left side mainly behind the left eye
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The headaches you are experiencing may be related to your sinus infection. Even if a sinus infection has been adequately cleared by antibiotics, the inflammation of the sinuses may still remain for several days to weeks leading to the presentation of sinus pain and headaches. It is also a possibility that this infection has not been cleared, an your headaches are a result of this fact. Unfortunately, we do not think you should wait for this to resolve on its own as sinus infections can become very severe and even spread within the skull affecting the brain. Please return to your doctor for an assessment of your pain and to determine if you need to restart antibiotic treatment or need a stronger symptomatic treatment of your headaches. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com