Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having severe anal itching and I’ve noticed bleeding around

I’m having severe anal itching and I’ve noticed bleeding around

Patient: I’m having severe anal itching and I’ve noticed bleeding around my anus my vagina is also itching but not near as bad!! I’ve had way more bowl movements than normal

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of severe anal itching and bleeding around anus, vagina and more bowe l movements.The commonest reasons are:Intestinal infection, the infection will obviously spread to the anal and nearby regions.WormsLocal skin condition.Consultation wit a General Surgeon and / or Dermatologist will give a better diagnosis.I would advise:5-day course of an antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic may heal the condition.If there is no complete response you can go for further tests as may be advised by your Doctor.These may includeTests of stool, blood, Colonoscopy and CT scan of the abdomen to find the proper cause and get it treated.,I hope this answer helps you.