Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having sharp pain in my chest, going down my

I’m having sharp pain in my chest, going down my

Patient: I’m having sharp pain in my chest, going down my left arm. Been happening on and off for about a couple of weeks.

Doctor: HI.Noted your history of sharp pain in my chest, going down my left arm. Been happening on and off for about a couple of weeks.Needless to say, the first thing you have to do is EKG/ECG and cardiac check-up. If this is normal the obvious next step is to go for MRI of the neck as the second most common reason for such a pain is cervical spondylitis.An opinion of you Doctor and the investigations will help you to get a proper referral.Hope this helps you.