Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having sharp stabbing pain in my lower back, hip

I’m having sharp stabbing pain in my lower back, hip

Patient: I’m having sharp stabbing pain in my lower back, hip and leg. Its only on the right side. I have had 1 severe kidney infection that left me hospitalized for 4 days. It’s been going on now for a few hours and the pain is only getting worse. Should I go to the emergency room?

Symptoms: Pain in right lower back, hip and leg.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.With a previous history of kidney in fection, you should get it evaluated as kidney infections do seem to recur in a lot of individuals. So kindly get it evaluated and get an CT KUB for a conclusive diagnosis.Hope this was helpful,Regards