Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m having trouble urinating, it hurts and I have to

I’m having trouble urinating, it hurts and I have to

Patient: I’m having trouble urinating, it hurts and I have to do it all the time. Just today I found green/red drainage or something, could I simply have a UTI or something way worse?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, such discoloration of t he urine is mostly seen in UTIs/ Kidney infections.Please get your urine tested, and also RFT will help in ruling out kidney infections.According to the culture reports, the physician can start you on appropriate treatment.Hope this was helpful,Regards.