I’m in my early twenties, and when I have intercourse

Patient: I’m in my early twenties, and when I have intercourse and or push back the skin of my penis it sometimes hurts. Why is that? What could be the reason? Do I need a circumcision?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptombof experiencing pain on pulling the skin of the penis os quite common. It is commonly seen in young men who have just started their sexual life. The symptom could be due to tight foreskin as seen in phimosis. There is difficulty in pulling the foreskin. It can also be associated with redness and swelling. Simple measures like hygiene, application of lubricant over the area before intercourse and steroid based creams can be used. Steroid based topical creams soften the skin and relieve the pain. Avoid rigorous intercourse and involve in a long foreplay to increase the natural secretions.In case of any recent infection of the penis, it can lead to fibrosis and cause pain.It is recommended that you consult a surgeon for an examination. Of simple measures mentioned above fail, circumcision is the method to relieve the symptoms.Feel free to write back for further clarifications.Hope this helped.Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you for the answer.

Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
It was a pleasure helping you.