Im just started to take birth control called tri sprintec

Patient

Q: Im just started to take birth control called tri sprintec and it saystake first pill 24 hr when your period startperiod my peri d didn't start yet and i took one what should I do

Doctor

A:   Hi,

It is advised that birth control pills should be started from first or second day of the menstrual cycle to achieve contraception for throughout the month.
Now as you have taken one tablet, better to stop now and wait for your periods.
Then, after 48 hours of getting periods, start with 2nd pill of the pack and continue regularly.

Take care.