Im not fully grown and my body is very small.

Patient : Hi Im sajani, Im 23 years old, 4.11" tall female and concerning about my body so much. I know I cannot get taller anymore since my epiphyseal plates has fused. But my body size does not match to my age and I look very small. Even my hips has not widen. Once I checked with my family doctor she said ( according to reports)that I have hormone imbalance issue.Has this effected my growth at puberty?. If this is the issue, does balancing hormones and getting some sort of hormone treatments will enhance my growth ( such as growth hormone)?
Symptoms:  Small body
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. The fact of life is that you can't increase height after achieving puberty. Growth ho rmone supplement won't affect you now. However you should get your thyroid function test done. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.

Related Q&A

Q: On my home tonight while driving my car, I pulled over and read a message in my car. I ended up sitting in my car for...

Q: My kid is exibiting poor behavior due to consumming suger in large amounts. When his diet is controlled he is fine. H...

Q: How to help my 13 year old girl to grow higher We are concern about my 13 year old daughter growth, (born in Novembe...

Q: I have found two small bumps on my vagina but i have yet to have sex and nor have i shaved down there. But im still a...

Q: I am a 19 year old female and there are a couple of small(about nickle) sized lumps in my butt crack , they hurt if p...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon