Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’m Not Sure I Was Pregnant But Have I Miscarried?

I’m Not Sure I Was Pregnant But Have I Miscarried?

Patient: I have irregular cycles, diabetes, and Pcos. Recently, I started experiencing nausea after eating but only vommitting once. Yesterday while out, I had a sudden series of sharp pains which I thought were because I hadn’t eaten. After , I had nausea again but did not vomit. The pains eventually subsided. Last night while my husband and I were being intimate, this was the week I should be ovulating, I started bleeding very heavily and passed a small clot then it stopped. I haven’t taken a pregnant test but of course my first thought was have I had a miscarriage. The blood flow was abnormal and the passing of the clot or clots was scary. What are your thoughts on this?

Doctor: