I'm not sure if I should get checked out, but

Q: I'm not sure if I should get checked out, but 2 years ago I broke my neck and ended up having To have surgery because my bones healed but didn't fuse back together. I was fine, but for the last week I've had excruciating pain in my upper back and the middle of my upper back, it will not go away. Should I go get seen, and do you know what could be going on?

A:   Hi.
With your past history of injury to the neck, the present pain may or may not be related.

I would advise you to consult an Orthopedic surgeon for proper clinical evaluation, investigations and treatment.
This may be just myalgia, but who knows.
In the meantime take anti -inflammatory medicine with painkiller property. Apply local rubefacient liniment and take bed rest.