I'm not sure if I should get checked out, but

Patient : I'm not sure if I should get checked out, but 2 years ago I broke my neck and ended up having To have surgery because my bones healed but didn't fuse back together. I was fine, but for the last week I've had excruciating pain in my upper back and the middle of my upper back, it will not go away. Should I go get seen, and do you know what could be going on?
Doctor :   Hi. With your past history of injury to the neck, the present pain may or may not be related. I would advise you t o consult an Orthopedic surgeon for proper clinical evaluation, investigations and treatment. This may be just myalgia, but who knows. In the meantime take anti -inflammatory medicine with painkiller property. Apply local rubefacient liniment and take bed rest.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon