Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m not sure if I’m pregnant

I’m not sure if I’m pregnant

Patient: I’m not sure if I’m pregnant or not. My last period was on September 19 and I’m usually late but never this late. I’ve been feeling nauseous throughout the day and I’ve been sleeping more often. I’ve also been having some cramps but they come and go. I usually wake up around 4 in the morning because I get hungry but when I see food I feel like I’m going to vomit. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: Nauseous all day, headaches and cramping

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The symptoms you are describing are associated with pregnancy, but not specific to it. You have not had a menstrual period in over a month which is also another indicator that you could be pregnant. The best way to be certain is to go to your doctor or urgent care clinic and conduct a pregnancy test in order to determine if this is the case.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com