Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im not sure if my tattoo is infected its been

Im not sure if my tattoo is infected its been

Patient: Im not sure if my tattoo is infected its been since sat night and its still hurts some and I sprayed it with bactine and it looks like some small amounts of yellow oozing out

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.Noted your history of getting a tattoo done on Saturday. It sti ll hurts some; sprayed with bactin and has a small amount of yellow oozing out.The classical signs of infection are:Rednesstenderness / painswellingHeat / raised temperature.If these signs are present then only it can be taken as infection.The yellow fluid can be serum only.If the above signs are present, go for antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.I hope this answer helps you in taking a decision.