Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’m not sure when it started but almost every once

I’m not sure when it started but almost every once

Patient: I’m not sure when it started but almost every once a year I would have these random chest pains when I breathed in. This year I got the pain probably 4 times a day every day. Its probably been 1 or 2 weeks since that stopped though , but here & there I get a tiny pain. Where I breathe & I feel a sharp feeling somewhere in my chest & once I breathe again it’s gone. It used to be where when I breathed , I felt the sharp pain & it would take minutes for it to go away. I had to take small breathes because if I took deep ones it would really hurt. It would feel as if something was to be tightening up. I wanted to know what could of caused this ? I run out of breath quickly , if that helps.

Doctor: