Im now 15 years old and i was told when

Patient : Im now 15 years old and i was told when i was in third grade that i had herpes type 2 but i havent gotten any outreaks so im woundering could the doctor have made a mistake and maybe i dont have heroes ir do i have herpes?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Testing for the Herpesvirus is done by using the Tzank smear. This is a smear that looks for cells that are characteristically like Herpes virus infection. I believe your Doctor is correct and you should take the correct medication. Hope this helps you. All the best.