I'm on a ferrous suflate 300mg 2 tablets per day

Patient

Q: I'm on a ferrous suflate 300mg 2 tablets per day I was once 135 pounds and my weight dropped to 117 and now is dropped to 100 I'm 15 and 5'4 and got really skinny my doctor said my blood test are normal other then I'm anemic but i have no appite to eat at all? I feel starving and sick to my stomach but I don't want to touch food I dont feel bad about my body so i don't know if I'd have an eatting disorder?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Your anemia, weight loss seem to be due to Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac Disease.
I would advise you to get Upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen.
Also, if Endoscopy suggests any evidence of Celiac Disease, you would require to get Anti TTG Antibody test done. Your doctor will get your endoscopy and if finds any ulcers will take a biopsy for h.pylori infection. He will start you on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone. You should avoid Painkillers, Alcohol, Smoking and should take Soft and Bland diet.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy