Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m on lutera birth control, last month my breasts were

I’m on lutera birth control, last month my breasts were

Patient: I’m on lutera birth control, last month my breasts were not sore before my period. Now this month a week before my period my right boob is only sore. I have never missed a pill and take it aHt the same time everyday. Is there a possibility I’m pregnant or is this a normal symptom?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Breast soreness is not a sign of pregnancy alone, it.can also be a part of premenstru al syndrome.Since you are nearing the cycles, this can cause breast tenderness. However, do a beta hCG blood test to rule out pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards