I'm on my fifth day with a migraine

Patient

Q: I'm on my fifth day with a migraine. Is this normal? I've been switching between acetaminophen (which doesnt really work) and ibuprofen to help ease the pain. I tried excedrin but it didn't help one bit.

I should also mention that my forehead is tender and hurts to tough, along with the sinus near my eyes. It seems like it could be a sinus headache, but I do not feel particularly congested, and the pain is mostly pounding/throbbing with sensitivity to light/sound/smell.

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to be having Acute Migraine Headache.
A clinical examination specially Neurological Examination, fundus examination to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.
You should see your doctor.
For Acute Attack, I prefer to use drugs like Naproxen or Ergotamine derivatives commonly available as OTC drug Vasograin.
He will classify the headache and if it is Migrainous, prophylactic treatment would be with the drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.