I'm on the implanon for birth control I've been

Patient

Q: I'm on the implanon for birth control. I've been on my period for 9 days. What's the problem?

Doctor

Implanon is a hormonal contraceptive and can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. Missed periods, prolonged cycles, irregular bleeding patterns are all observed with hormonal contraceptives. Since the bleeding has been there for nine days, to prevent further blood loss and anemia consider consulting a gynecologist for hormonal medications to bring the bleeding under control. It will settle down by next cycle. Drink plenty of water and have a healthy diet.

Hope this helped.