I'm on the placebo week of my birth control pack

Patient

Q: I'm on the placebo week of my birth control pack. I should get my period on Wednesday/Thursday. I had unprotected sex on Sunday, but I think I have a yeast infection and want to take Fluconazole. Would this interact with my pills even if I'm about to start my period? Should I wait to take the antibiotic until my period starts?

Doctor

A:   Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.

I can understand your concerns.
You should take fluconazole tablet after completion of your birth control pills because even a single dose can interact with birth control pills and you need backup method to prevent pregnancy.
So better to avoid it now.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.

Good luck.