I'm positive for trichomoniasis my (ex)boyfriend was negative?!

Patient : How can I be positive for trich, but my (ex) boyfriend is negative? I was recently (Oct 19, 2011) diagnosed with Trichomoniasis. I told my boyfriend (now ex). He confessed that he had had unprotected sex with someone else. He went to get tested and ALL of his results came back negative. He was the only person I was having sex with. I received my annual pap smear July 2011, and there were no abnormalities. We last had sex on Oct 10, 2011. I have a sex toy but no one else has ever used it. Please, please answer. Thank you very much in advance.