Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m pregnant and I got checked out for std 2

I’m pregnant and I got checked out for std 2

Patient: I’m pregnant and I got checked out for std 2 weeks ago to make sure my daughter doesn’t have anything usually if you have a std my doctor calls and tell you right away on Thursday I had sex for the first time since I was checked and today he tell me his penis was bleeding when he peed and he saying I gave him something is that possible?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Well as you said that you just underwent an STD screen which would have tested you fo r chlamydia, herpes and gonorrhoea, but they don’t rule out any vaginal infections like bacterial vaginosis which can possibly cause a transference of infection during unprotected intercourse and cause urinary tract infection in your male partner. A high vaginal swab for culture with classical clue cells in culture study shall prove the diagnosis.I hope I have answered your query,Regards