Im pregnant and only a few weeks along Im having

Patient : Im pregnant and only a few weeks along. Im having a dark brown substance when I wipe, is this normal?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The possible causes of dark brown discharge in your case ar e increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, spotting on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc. Usually minimal discharge with these type of causes will subside soon. If brown discharge persists and associated pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined. By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated. Take care.