Im pregnant and only a few weeks along Im having

Q: Im pregnant and only a few weeks along. Im having a dark brown substance when I wipe, is this normal?

A:   Hi,

The possible causes of dark brown discharge in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, spotting on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc.
Usually minimal discharge with these type of causes will subside soon.
If brown discharge persists and associated pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.