Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im really concerned please help me

Im really concerned please help me

Patient: I keep puking up my stomach hurts and I have diarrhea whats wrong with me im really worried it wont stop since I woke up

Symptoms: Puking stomach ache and diarrhea

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have developed an acute gastrointestinal infection. This could have been caused by bacteria that you consumed in contaminated food. This would account for the sudden onset of vomiting and diarrhea. We first recommend that you remain calm and proceed to your nearest urgent care facility for evaluation by a physician. You may need to be treated with a course of antibiotics depending on the severity, and causative pathogen of your symptoms. Furthermore, you are at risk of becoming dehydrated due to your diarrhea. Please be sure to drink copious amounts of water, and as well as moderate amounts electrolyte fortified sports drinks to prevent this. We hope you feel better soon.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com