Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m scared I might be pregnant

I’m scared I might be pregnant

Patient: If i had intercourse with my boyfriend for about 10 seconds and he didn’t ejaculate inside me, will I still get pregnant from “precum”

Symptoms: Cramps a week before my period, occasional nauseau

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comwell if you were in your fertile period and if there is a chance that precum has entered your vagina , then there may be chances of you getting pregnant if you have not been on any form of contraception. Precum contains fructose and sperms as well and chances are that you may get pregnant.However if you have not taken emergency contraception , then you must wait for your missed periods incase pregnancy has occurred and then perform a urine pregnancy test to rule out one.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards