I'm sixteen years old. I really want to be taller.

Patient

Q: I'm 16 years old and 5'9 tall. I really have to be 5'11 as I want to join college basketball.

I've undergo an x-ray on my left hand, and the plates are almost seal, however I have used my lefthand in many sports such as martial arts. Furthermore, my neck, spine and knee bone are still open, I sleep 8 to 9 hours a day, drink 4 cups of milk. I also play squash,basket ball and swimming as a sport. Can I still reach 5'11?.

My dad is 5'7 my mom is 5'7.5. But my grandfather is 6'0 and my grandpa is 5'11 also as all my uncles. My grandmother come from a tall family, however she is 5'4 . I'm wondering can I still reach 5'11, what should I eat, how should i exercise and every step which will help me reach my desireable height.

Doctor