Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m suffering from symptoms of an enlarged prostate, this has been brought on taking oral steroid.

I’m suffering from symptoms of an enlarged prostate, this has been brought on taking oral steroid.

Patient: I’m suffering from symptoms of an enlarged prostate, this has been brought on from taking the oral steroid anavar (oxandrolone) which converts to DHT, I have stopped taking the anavar will my BPH symptoms stop after discontinuing or will medication be needed?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Your Doctor must have prescribed medications according to your clinical conditions and response to your treatment. It is unwise if not dangerous to deviate from your doctor’s prescription as this may complicate the situation and aggravate your symptoms. Please discuss the medication issues with your Doctor.Wishing you a quick recovery.