I’m suppose to be on my period now but instead

Patient: I’m suppose to be on my period now but instead just spotting I took 3 good pregnancy test but they were negative

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Generally menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.So, better to wait for few more days, possibly the spotting can turn into regular menstrual flow.Usually, urine pregnancy test kit can give an accurate result one week after expected date of periods.So, if the spotting persists or stops, repeat urine pregnancy test after one week of your expected date of periods.If not, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy now to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, which can give more accurate result compared with a urine test.Take care. Hope this helps.