Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im taking lessina birth control For 3 months

Im taking lessina birth control For 3 months

Patient: Im taking lessina birth control. For 3 months. My doctor said im supposed to have my menstrual cycle 3x a year. And I’ve had it every month. Do I stop taking the last 7 white pills To not get my period

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You have been started on triphasic pills for continuously 3 months and your menses sha ll start only after 3 months when you enter the white pill week after 83 days.There is no point not taking the active pills as it would upset the hormonal control and can cause irregular shedding of the endometrium and probably the contraceptive benefit may be lost completely. So, it is not advisable.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health,regards