I'm taking Nortrel 777, but I started it 6 days

Patient : I'm taking Nortrel 777, but I started it 6 days before my period. it's been 7 days since I started it and no period yet....Should I stop taking it, and wait till my next period to start a new pack????? Or should I keep talking the pill.. It's my first time using birth control pills!!!
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As you started pills six days before periods, it might have altered your menstrual cycle by leading to hormonal fluctuations. If you start the pack during periods, it can give complete protection for the month and cycle will mimic regular menstrual cycle. Any how now you can continue the pack and complete 28 pills. And you have to use additional method of contraception like condoms during first two weeks of pills. If you get spotting in the middle of the cycle also, continue the pills as per schedule for complete contraceptive protection. Take care.