Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im trying for a baby

Im trying for a baby

Patient: I’m trying to get pregnant and I want to know if its possible to get pregnant in a month if you have sex twice a week

Symptoms: None.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.To get pregnancy you have to plan unprotected intercourse aro und the time of ovulation.In case of regular 28 to 30 days menstrual cycles usually ovulation occur between 12th to 18th day.By planning intercourse in these days preferably daily or on alternative days, the chances of pregnancy can be increased.Another way is using ovulation kits.Ovulation kits which will be available on counter can help in detecting the most fertile period of the month when used during expected dates of ovulation.Take care.