I'm trying to figure out when I should take a preg test

Patient : I'm trying to figure out when I should take a pregnancy test. My period has never been regular so I can't go by that. But recently I've been having symptoms such as nausea, back pain, my fiancé claims that my breasts are getting bigger, etc. So when should I take a test?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If your menses have been irregular, but you have started experiencing symptoms like na usea, back pain, that your breasts are getting bigger, sore breast, headaches, mood swings, then these are either early pregnancy symptoms if pregnancy has occurred or they are premenstrual syndromic symptoms (PMS) which indicate that your menses shall start in the next few days. A urine pregnancy test would be sensitive only after 7 days of missed periods, but as in your case, the period dates have been irregular , so the best way to confirm or rule out pregnancy would be to perform a lab-based blood serum beta hCG test after 10 days of last intercourse which shall check the hCG levels . If the hCG levels are more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy would be confirmed, else if less than 1, pregnancy would be ruled out. I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards