Im very concerned right now For the past month leading

Patient

Q: Im very concerned right now. For the past month leading up to this moment i have had very low energy levels. With in hours of waking up in the morning and not doing anything exerting, i would be ready for a long nap. These symptoms were also accompanied by dizzines upon standing and numbness through out my entire body. I started taking iron to see if that would help since anemia runs in my family, and it did seem to make some improvements. But now this is the second day of my period and i am bleeding very heavy. Im also passing a lot of blood clots which is something that i usually only get here and there once in a while. They range in size from small to pretty large. Are all these things connected? Do I need to go to the hospital?

Doctor

Passing heavy clots while having cycles needs an evaluation. This can indirectly lead to anemia. Causes like fibroid uterus, endometrial hyperplasia, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, diabetes and hypertension have to be ruled out.
Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound to rule out the above causes.
The doctor will treat you accordingly depending on the diagnosis.
Drink plenty of water and have a nutritious diet.

Hope this helped.