x
154 Physicians Online

Question:

Imbalance, foggy, dizzy feeling in my head

Everyday I have a heavy and foggy feeling in my head. I feel like i have no balance when i walk and always have a feeling like im going to faint while standing. I get nausous and start getting a dizzy spell and this happens everyday. Had a cat scan, blood work, ekg and nothing shows up. What can I do about this problem?

Answer:

There could be an infection or inflammation of the labyrinth (in the inner ear) following an ear infection, upper respiratory infection or allergy which interferes with the ability to keep balance, producing the symptoms of imbalance, dizziness and heavy feeling. Labyrinthitis usually goes away within a few weeks. Treatment of the infection and other symptoms with antibiotics, antihistamines, prednisone, meclizine etc. would help. You may see your doctor if the symptoms increase in severity and for prescription of the medications.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.