Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Immunization risks for a repeat booster shot

Immunization risks for a repeat booster shot

Patient: My son’s shot records are lost due to multiple legal and ethical violations by his previous pediatrician. To start school, I am being told he will have to receive his four year old immunizations again. WHat are the health risks? I have fought for ten months to avoid doing so but have no options left.

Doctor: I can understand your situation. The best way would be to approach the pediatrician again for a new immunisation record. However if that is not possible they you can give him the four year shot again which is the booster for teatanus, diphtheria and pertussis and thus there are very little risks associated with the same.  It is all given in one single injection and is usually given every 10 years. All the best.