Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Immunizations- re-administered-should i be worried?

Immunizations- re-administered-should i be worried?

Patient: My child had immunizations when scheduled. we were called back as they said they immunizations had expired and they had to do them over again? he has had double doses of diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and polio – ipv got them feb ’04 april ’04 june’ 04 aug ’04 oct ’04 and then june ‘ 05? Are there any side effects or dangers to this? that I should look out for now? he is now 7yrs old??

Doctor: The DTap-IPV vaccine is given at 2,4,6,15-18 months which your child has receieved. However a Booster is need at the age of 4-7 years and i believe that that is what the clinic is calling you back for. This booster is recommended to maintain the immunity and is standard.There is no need to be concerened. I hope this helps.