Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Implanon expired but haven’t gotten it removed.

Implanon expired but haven’t gotten it removed.

Patient: Hi my question is my implanon expired last year and I haven’t gotten removed due to the cost , but my question is can I get pregnant or what are the chances that I could get pregnant

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As your Implanon expired one year back, now you may not be getting any hormonal protection.Now the possibility of pregnancy in you is equal to a woman who is not using any contraception.So, if you want to avoid pregnancy, please consult your doctor, get Implanon removed and after ruling out pregnancy, go for some regular contraceptive measure.Take care.