Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Implanon removal

Implanon removal

Patient: Hi, just wondering what is going to happen when i get the implanon removed. Ive read i will blead heavily for a week or so? just wanted a second oppinion. Thanks

Doctor: I understand that you might be concerned about your implant removal in the next 3 years. However let me reassure you tha t it would most likely be easily removed and without any complications.Certainly you will probably bleed approximately the volume of a teaspoon but that shouldn’t affect your overall health.  Only a small percentage of patients showed difficulty to remove their implants during the trials of this medication, but that didn’t interfere with their health. If you are not sure about Implanon, I would suggest you to talk to your gynecologist for more information on other contraceptive methods. I wish you the best.