Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Implanon with vasectomy

Implanon with vasectomy

Patient: Hi, I currently have an implanon implant for contraception and when I have sex I use condoms because then I dont get my period at all, I only get them when I dont use one. I have a new partner of 4 months who has had a vasectomy and I was wondering If we have unpretected sex will that trigger my period like it would have previously or because technically there is no sperm now will that prevent me from getting my period like using a condom does. Thanks

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Well. I have read and re-read the history provided by you. This is for the first time to know that using a condom does not cause period and you already have an Implanon implant.Since your new partner has got his vasectomy, you will not pregnant. But whether using a condom or not are going to cause you bleeding can not be really predicted. I am so sorry about this.Do not worry, get the sex the way you want and the experience will tell you what is best for you.I hope this answer helps you and the future will tell you what is best suited for you.