Implant removal and pregnancy

Patient: Hi I had unprotected sex on the 10th of November and my implant out on the 12th and I was due on my period on the 15th and it’s now the 17th and I haven’t come on, I also have a really warm belly Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: Warm belly, tingly nipples

Doctor: Ovulation or the release of an egg (ovum) usually occurs around the 14th day of the menstrual cycle, and thus an unprote cted intercourse occurring around this time has a maximum chance of getting you pregnant; but this is not a rule, and in many women ovulation time may not be so predictable. This holds especially true for the ladies with irregular menstrual periods. In your case the intercourse occurred sometime before the menses, while the implant was also on, making it quite unlikely to culminate in a pregnancy. However, to be on the safer side, it is always recommended to get a home pregnancy test done do alleviate the worries. Please have a discussion with your family physician for a check-up and further clarifications, especially regarding the warm belly or tingly nipples that you have been experiencing.