Implantation bleeding

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex 5 days before my period and i have been off the pill for three months, i did have my period however it was like two days late could i be pregnant ?

Doctor

A:   It is unlikely you are pregnant. If your last period was the usual amount and the usual duration, then there is little need to worry. However, if it was unusally lesser in amount (e.g. staining 1 pad instead of usual 1-2 soaked pads per day) and unusually shorter duration (e.g. 2 days instead of usual 5 days), I suggest you do the home pregnancy test after a week. That could be an implantation bleeding. I do hope this helps and please practice safe sex always. Take care.